- Hand embroidery kits and online classes
- Goldwork beetle brooch online class
Goldwork beetle brooch online class
This online class shows you how to make a beetle brooch with the hand embroidery technique of goldwork. The series of videos takes you through the process of making the brooch step by step. You do not need any experience with goldwork for this class as it is designed as an introduction to goldwork embroidery.
You will learn:
- How to transfer the design using the prick and pounce method.
- How to use felt padding to create raised embroidery.
- How to apply pearl purl.
- Goldwork techniques including how to apply pearl purl, cutwork and chipping.
- How to make the embroidery into a brooch.
As well as 10 videos, the class includes a pdf file containing close up photos of the brooch, an information page of stockists of the equipment and materials required to make the brooch, plus the design.
Once purchased you will be able to download all the videos, images and design page, you can download these files up to three times. Once you have downloaded the videos there is no limit on how many times you watch them.
You can also purchase the materials you need to create the brooch in this class, please see the 'Goldwork beetle brooch essentials kit' and the 'Goldwork beetle brooch complete kit' for more details.